Are you looking to buy a high end acoustic guitar? Want to get one of the best on the market but not sure which one to go for? When you’re in the market for a luxury acoustic guitar, it can be hard to figure out what to look for. There are so many brands and models with different features, which makes it really difficult to find the perfect one. That’s why we’ve created this blog post! We’ll talk about 10 of our favorite guitars under $2000 that all have great qualities – no matter your budget or needs. With this information, you should be able to pick the best guitar for yourself and get started playing!
Quick Answer: The Top Acoustic Guitars Under $2000
- #1. Martin D-15M Acoustic Guitar Below $2k
- #2. Breedlove Oregon Series Concert CE
- #3. Kremona Solea Artist Series Nylon String Guitar
- #4. Blueridge BR-163A
- #5. Yamaha A5R ARE
- #6. Martin D-16GT
- #7. Takamine EF360S-TT
- #8. Taylor 200 Series Deluxe 224ce-K
- #9. RainSong Hybrid Series H-WS1000N2
- #10. Taylor 314ce
The Best Rated Guitars Under $2k
1. Martin D-15M Acoustic Guitar Below $2k
- PROFESSIONAL SOUND & APPEARANCE: Martin's D-15M acoustic guitar has a mahogany construction that delivers a lively...
- GEARED FOR GIGS: This Martin Acoustic Guitar is made for working musicians. The D-15M is completed with a simple...
- PREMIUM HANDMADE GUITARS: Handmade from the highest-quality mahogany, Martin's 15 Series guitars are built to stand...
- Great value
- Solid, high-quality mahogany top, back, and sides
- Excellent tone
While researching the best acoustic guitars under $2000, the Martin D-15M was an easy choice for our number one pick. With a price tag of $1299, it’s well under the $2000 mark, making it one of the more affordable guitars in this category as well. For guitarists who gravitate toward warm-sounding acoustic guitars, the D-15M will practically blow you away. The D-15M produces sounds that are definitely a predominantly mid-range, with subtle overtones, thanks mostly to the solid mahogany top, back, and sides. Martin used A-frame X bracing for the D-15M. To their standard X bracing pattern, an “A” shape was added over the soundhole to reduce the bracing around the bridge. The bone nut and saddle also improves the D-15M’s projection and resonance, allowing it to perform better than most all-mahogany acoustics guitars. Overall, the Martin D-15M is worth every penny and a joy to play.
- Sitka Spruce Top, Myrtlewood Back & Sides, Eastern Hard Rock Maple Neck
- African Ebony Fretboard, 25.5" Scale Length, 1.75" Nut Width
- African Ebony Delta Bridge, Offset Dot Inlays, Herringbone Rosette
- Balanced, comfortable, and compact body shape
- Well-rounded, complete midrange clarity, depth, and liveliness
- High-quality American construction
Including Breedlove’s Oregon Series Concert CE in our list of the best acoustic guitars for under $2,000 may come as a surprise to many people, given that it isn’t one of the most popular acoustics in the market. But we stand by our decision to give it the attention we feel it deserves.
The Oregon Concert CE is hand-made in Bend, Oregon. The top is made from ethically-sourced solid Sitka Spruce and the back and sides are made with Myrtlewood, a more unique, stunning light wood from the west coast that features a gorgeous wavy grain.
The wood combination produces a bright, clear sound that resonates beautifully, regardless of whether you’re using the electronics or sticking with the basic acoustic sound. The eco-friendly, high-quality construction of this American-made guitar makes the Breedlove Oregon Series Concert CE one of our top ten acoustic guitars for under $2,000.
- Solid western cedar top
- Solid cocobolo back and sides
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Crafted with exotic woods and gorgeous details
- Big, rich tone
- Warm, mellow, and clear sound
The Solea Artist Series Nylon String Guitar is the result of over 80 years of craftsmanship by experts at Kremona in Bulgaria.
The Solea Artist Series, also known as the Solea Classical, utilizes only the finest local and imported materials to create a guitar that not only sounds great but is comfortable to play. You can expect warm and complex sounds with excellent projection, packaged into a superior, yet classic-looking guitar.
- Solid Adirondack spruce top with scalloped braces provides you with superior note clarity and volume to spare
- Solid Indian rosewood back and sides guarantees deep bass and strong cutting power
- Slim mahogany neck offers fast, easy action and inherently long-lasting stability
- Adirondack top provides richer, fuller sound
- Slim neck makes playing fast and easy
- High-quality construction for great value
Blueridge has earned a reputation in the industry as a guitar-maker known for high-quality instruments that produce the best sound.
The BR-163A features a Solid Adirondack Spruce top that provides ultimate note clarity and plenty of volume. The Solid Indian Rosewood back and sides deliver deep bass, while the slim mahogany neck makes it easy to play.
Amateur and experienced guitarists alike will appreciate the complexity of the BR-163A’s tonal range, as well as the solid tonewoods the guitar is comprised of.
- Body Body type: Folk Cutaway: Single Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce Back & sides: Solid Rosewood Bracing pattern:...
- "Yamaha's A-Series A5R Cutaway Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar features all-solid rosewood back and sides...
- Handmade in Japan
- Enhanced volume in low-mid ranges
- Treated wood provides greater stability and a vintage sound
Yamaha is one of the most recognizable names in the guitar business, so it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that one of their acoustics made our list. The A5R ARE is a great solution for guitarists who enjoy the sound of an acoustic guitar and don’t want to notice much of a difference once their guitar is plugged in.
The A5R produces excellent resonance and balance, no matter how it’s played. The A5R allows you to experience the high-quality sound of an acoustic guitar with very little effort.
- Construction: Ply Blocks/Simple Dovetail Neck Joint Body Size: D-14 Fret Top: Solid Sitka Spruce Rosette: Bold...
- Includes a Martin vinyl laminated hardshell guitar case! The traditional Martin D-16GT Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar...
- Quality-built with a solid Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, FSC Certified Richlite fretboard and bridge,...
- Better sound at a lower cost
- Patented neck mortise
- Large body for big volume
Martin’s iconic 16 Series takes the designs from their Standard Series and makes them more affordable for aspiring and expert guitarists. However, everything about the Martin D-16GT screams premium quality.
This made in the USA acoustic is comprised of high-quality craftsmanship that produces a sound that is surprisingly big. With the excellent, deep projection of the D-16GT, you won’t need electronics to share your talent with a small crowd. Still, the tone produced is rich and balanced, regardless of the style of music you play on it.
- Solid Thermal Spruce Top, Solid Rosewood Back
- Solid Rosewood Sides, Mahogany Neck
- Ebony Fingerboard, Gloss Natural Finish
- Solid Spruce ‘Thermal Top’
- World-renowned Takamine brand
- Low profile, high performance preamp
The EF360S-TT is one of several models in the TT — Thermal Top — Series designed by Takamine. Acoustics in their TT Series produces the noteworthy, elegant tones of well-aged woods without the extended wait.
The EF360S-TT boasts a traditional design that includes a non-cutaway dreadnought body shape. The faux tortoiseshell pickguard adds to the overall appeal of this classically-designed acoustic.
For experienced guitarists with an ear for unique tones, the EF360S-TT has proven itself to be worth every penny. When playing the EF360S-TT, you will notice a rich tone, as well as a sound that is balanced and clear, while maintaining warmth.
The Takamine EF360S-TT is a top choice among guitarists who favor vintage-style acoustics and was an easy pick for our list of top acoustic guitars for under $2,000.
- Body Body type: Grand Auditorium Cutaway: Single cutaway Top wood: Solid Hawaiian Koa Back & sides: Layered...
- Taylor's 200 Deluxe Series delivers all the essentials of a great guitar - exquisite playability, a full and...
- This collection strikes a sweet balance between tasteful design constraint and aesthetic variety, bringing Taylor's...
- Remarkable playability
- Full-bodied, clear sound
- Great intonation
Taylor’s 200 Series guitars are popular among guitarists looking for a mid-range steel-string acoustic guitar. The 200 Series Deluxe 224ce-K is one of the best in the series.
This electro-acoustic guitar is made in Mexico and boasts elegant colors and smooth, bright, and balanced sounds. Plus, you can feel good about buying it because it’s made with responsibly-sourced Hawaiian koa. Additionally, finger stylists will appreciate the natural brightness.
- Strong projection and rich bass
- Remarkably balanced
- Comfortable and easy to play
If you are looking for something a little different and have $2,000 to spend on a guitar, the Hybrid Series H-WS1000N2 by Hybrid will blow you away.
This guitar strays from tradition with the use of carbon fiber and glass fibers, and no bracing. While carbon fiber can’t produce the same subtle characteristics as an all-wood guitar, it produces high-quality, well-balanced tone and sound.
The overall design of the H-WS1000N2 makes it ideal for guitarists who are constantly on the road, playing in different climates. It’s a high-quality guitar worth trying. You just may be surprised by how much you love it.
- Grand Auditorium Cutaway Body with Sitka Spruce Top and Sapele Back & Sides
- Patented V-Class Bracing System
- Taylor Expression System 2 Electronics
- V-class bracing for more volume, better intonation, and longer sustain
- Slimmer neck for greater playability
- Grand Auditorium body for remarkable high-end response
If you’re looking for a high-quality guitar that you can feel confident and comfortable playing, the Taylor 314ce is one of the better options out there.
The medium-sized Grand Auditorium body of the Taylor 314ce accommodates a wide range of playing styles. Structurally, the 314ce can produce clear and bright sounds that are unique to Taylor guitars.
What truly makes the Taylor 314ce a special instrument is its v-class bracing. While x-bracing has been standard in acoustic guitars for decades, it has an unfortunate effect on the interaction between the volume and the sustain. V-class bracing allows an acoustic guitar to be both stiff and flexible, meaning it can produce more volume and sustain, creating a robust projection. V-class bracing also improves intonation, so notes are also more in tune with each other.
While the Taylor 314ce barely makes it under the $2,000 mark, it has proven time and time again by expert guitarists to be worth every bit of its cost.
Q. What to look for when purchasing an acoustic guitar
There are several factors to consider when purchasing your first acoustic guitar including:
- Body style
How does the guitar feel when you play it? Does it feel too big or too small? Find a style that feels most comfortable to you.
- Sound (Resonation and projection)
Have someone else play the guitar and pay attention to the guitar’s projection. Is it clear when the guitar is played loudly? Does the guitar still project well when played softly? How do the high and low tones sound?
- Check intonation and action
To check the action of a guitar, get eye-level with the 12th fret. Generally, you want to make sure there isn’t a noticeable difference in the distance between the 5th and 12th fret.
To check the intonation, play a chord, then play the same chord starting on the 14th fret. You want them to sound exactly the same.
- Look for any physical flaws
Q. How do you take care of an Acoustic Guitar?
No matter how much you spend on a guitar, you want to make sure you take good care of it, so it can last for years and still sound like a brand new guitar. Below are some helpful tips to ensure your guitar stays in great shape.
- Wipe down your strings after you play
- Store the guitar in its case when not in use
- Avoid scratches, nicks, and dents whenever possible
- Avoid areas with a to of humidity